If you feel like you’re being buried under an avalanche of video data, you’re not alone. Thanks to the growing popularity of on-demand content and binge-watching, combined with the emergence of 4K and mobile media formats, video storage needs are pushing past the limits of SAN and Tape. Terabytes are ballooning into petabytes, and the need for exabytes is right around the corner.
Now there’s an elegant new way to take control of your video workflow and post-production environments. The Scality RING is a 100% reliable, 100% software solution that runs on any standard x86 servers and can scale to exabytes without sacrificing performance.
Sneak peek of the white paper
Our FREE white paper will open your eyes to the virtually limitless potential of the Scality RING. Here are just a few of the things you’ll discover:
- The challenges found in each of the three phases of a file-based video workflow.
- Why SANs and other traditional storage solutions can no longer serve as the only solution for end-to-end digital workflows, and how Software Defined Storage (SDS) can be a powerful complement to SAN.
- How Scality can help you reduce costs from Tier 1 providers by enabling a significantly larger online storage environment, and how it can decrease tape management costs while improving retrieval and service levels.
- How using the Scality RING as a “SAN staging area” can result in significant savings in the post-production workflow.
- How the cvcp parallel data-mover application can be tuned to improve performance and resource utilization.
- The challenges of multi-site collaboration, and how the geo-distributed capabilities of the Scality RING can enable a common storage pool spanning multiple sites.